Pat Martino - Starbright / Joyous Lake album download
Starbright is an album by guitarist Pat Martino which was recorded in 1976 and first released on the Warner Bros. All compositions by Pat Martino except as indicated. Eyes" (Joseph d'Onofrio) - 2:36. Fall" (Wayne Shorter) - 2:04. Starbright Epilogue" - 0:31. Nefertiti" (Shorter) - 2:51. City Lights" (Gil Goldstein) - 0:55.
All the compositions were by Martino or his bandmates. The latter album was too far out in the fusion field. Not funky enough, and too completely technical to be of much use to jazz fans who may have enjoyed the sparing experimentation of the former release but were not prepared for so studied and artificial an outing. Where Starbright showed another powerful and poetic dimension to Martino 's personality, Joyous Lake subsumed it wholesale.
Royce Campbell, Pat Martino, John Abercrombie, Larry Coryell, Bucky Pizzarelli. Timeless: Pat Martino. 1999 First Light; Joyous Lake & Starbright. Pat Martino, Joyous Lake.
Pat Martino Joyous Lake Warner Bros. Seemingly a hardcore mainstreamer at heart-though one with no shortage of experimental élan, proven over a series of ten albums from 1967's El Hombre (Prestige) to 1976's wonderful duo with pianist Gil Goldstein, We'll Be Together Again (Muse, 1976)-guitarist Pat Martino came relatively late to the jazz-rock fusion game. His first album to truly plug in, his 1976 Warner Bros
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). I initially owned Joyous Lake in LP format. The six composition release is layered intricate funk fusion. thanks in no small part to Kenwood Dennard. He delivers a propulsive linear multi groove throughout.
Download Pat Martino - Joyous Lake. Joyous Lake: Best 2 songs. Pat Martino - Song Bird 07:55. Pat Martino - Pyramidal Vision 07:40. Pat Martino: best 2 tracks. Pat Martino - A Blues For Mickey-O El Hombre, 1990 08:01. Pat Martino - City Lights Starbright, 2004 00:54.
First Light (First Light; Joyous Lake & Starbright), 1999. First Light (First Light; Joyous Lake & Starbright), 1999. Starbright Epilogue, 00:32.
Pat Martino - Starbright Epilogue 00:32. Pat Martino - Fall 02:06. Pat Martino - Eyes 02:40. Joyous Lake - Pat Martino. Stone Blue - Pat Martino. Live At Yoshi's - Pat Martino.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|" Starbright " ( 1976 )|
Composed By – Wayne Shorter
Composed By – Wayne Shorter
|" Joyous Lake " ( 1976 )|
- Record Company – Collectables Records Corp.
- Licensed From – Warner Bros. Records
- Manufactured By – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Recorded At – Mediasound
- Recorded At – Criteria Recording Studios
- Mixed At – Mediasound
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Remixed At – Sunset Sound Recorders
- Bass – Will Lee (tracks: 1 To 12)
- Composed By – Delmar Brown (tracks: 14, 15), Gil Goldstein (tracks: 10), Joe Donofrio (tracks: 2), Kenwood Dennard (tracks: 16), Pat Martino (tracks: 1, 3, 5 To 7, 9, 11 To 13, 17, 18)
- Drums – Charles Collins (tracks: 1 To 12), Michael Carvin (tracks: 1 To 12)
- Drums, Percussion – Kenwood Dennard (tracks: 13 To 18)
- Electric Bass – Mark Leonard (tracks: 13 To 18)
- Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer [Eml 500, Oberheim Polyphonic] – Delmar Brown (tracks: 13 To 18)
- Engineer – Michael DeLugg (tracks: 1 To 12), Steve Klein (tracks: 13 To 18)
- Flute – Al Regni* (tracks: 1 To 12)
- Guitar, Synthesizer – Pat Martino
- Keyboards – Gil Goldstein (tracks: 1 To 12)
- Percussion – Alyrio Lima Cova* (tracks: 1 To 12), Pat Martino (tracks: 13 To 18)
- Producer – Ed Freeman (tracks: 1 To 12)
- Producer, Remix – Paul A. Rothchild (tracks: 13 To 18)
- Synthesizer – Michael Mainieri* (tracks: 1 To 12), Warren Bernhardt (tracks: 1 To 12)
- Tabla – Marty Quinn (tracks: 1 To 12)
- Violin – Joe Donofrio (tracks: 1 To 12)
NotesBoth albums originally released on Warner Bros. Records.
Recorded at Criteria Studios September, 1976 ( Tracks 13 to 18 ) and Sunset Sound Recorders ( Tracks 13 to 18 )
Recorded, mastered, and mixed at Mediasound ( Tracks 1 to 12 )
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 090431782927